No rehersal is scheduled. Please read the following instructions.
Saturday, May 9, 2020
一道本不卡免费高清10:00 a.m. Undergraduate, graduate, and degree completion students
Fresno Convention & Entertainment Center
一道本不卡免费高清Click here to view the seating area of the graduates on the Selland Arena floor.
New Bag Policy
一道本不卡免费高清The Fresno Convention Center has implemented a new bag policy which will impact those attending commencement. Only approved bags will be permitted in the arena. Approved bags are those no larger than 12’’ x 6’’ x 12’’. Diaper bags are allowed. Backpacks are not allowed. Bags will be searched upon entering the arena by convention center events staff.
Commencement Regalia (Apparel)
Commencement Regalia (Apparel): All participants must purchase their own regalia (cap, black gown, tassel and hood, if applicable) is to be purchased online for undergraduate, graduate, and degree completion students. Regalia is available for purchase on the Jostens website and at the bookshop on the main campus. For bachelor’s degree candidates, regalia must be purchased online by April 17 to ensure delivery in time for commencement. For master’s degree candidates, regalia must be purchased online by April 10 to ensure delivery in time for commencement. To purchase regalia online please visit:
- Announcements can be ordered through Jostens. You can preview products and order announcements now at jostens.com. If you chose to order announcements, we highly recommend you order them early! Jostens will be on the main campus in the bookshop with class ring options to view in the near future. Dates and times to be determined.
- The FPU bookshop carries a variety of alumni product and diploma frames, as well as announcements and class rings made available through Jostens. Find everything at fresnopacificshop.com
- Please be aware that you will be walking up and down stairs, so appropriate shoes are highly encouraged. For women, pointed heels or stilettos are highly discouraged.
Important Note: Due to the dignity of the event, and out of respect for your fellow graduates, their families, your faculty, and all involved in this ceremony, personal embellishments on caps and/or gowns will not be allowed. The university will have hats in a variety of sizes at the ceremony for any graduate who shows up with an adorned hat. Only approved academic cords or medallions are permitted to be worn with the regalia.
Entrance and Parking
- The main entrance for guests is located at the northeast end of the arena. Please see map insert for details.
- The closest parking is directly behind the Selland Arena off O Street, with an additional parking garage at the intersection of O Street and Inyo Street. Parking is $10 per vehicle and it is cash only.
- Metered parking on the streets will also be available. The price to park at a meter is $0.75/per hour.
- We encourage you to have a prearranged meeting location to meet your friends and family following the ceremony. This will help your family and friends find you in a timely manner following the ceremony.
- Hooding will not take place during the commencement ceremony.
- For M.A./M.S./MBA/Seminary degree candidates a hooding ceremony will take place on Friday evening, May 8, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. in the Special Events Center on the main campus of Fresno Pacific. Tickets are required to attend this event.
- Specific information on hooding ceremonies will be sent by the various schools.
Line Up Times and Location
- All participants are to line up in Valdez Hall. Please see map for location of Valdez Hall in relation to Selland Arena. Line up promptly by 8:45 a.m. Doors to the lineup area in Valdez Hall will open at 8:15 a.m.
- All candidates should be in their commencement regalia & wearing their hood (master’s candidates only): B.A. candidates wear tassels on the right and M.A. candidates wear tassels on the left. Name cards will be available for pick up when you line up.
- Candidates will need to leave purses and other personal items with guests/family members. There will be no secured area to store these items during the ceremony.
- Candidates will be lined up according to the school in which their program is in. Programs fall into one of the following: School of Business, School of Education, School of HRSS, School of Natural Sciences, and Biblical Seminary. Please familiarize yourself and be aware with what school your specific program is in.
- Only service animals are allowed at commencement. Persons with pets or emotional support animals will not be permitted to bring in their animal. In order to avoid stress on the day of commencement, you may choose to contact Melinda.Gunning@52chenxiaoyan.com or 559-453-2247 to answer questions about your service animal in advance.
Commencement Tickets and Seating
- Arena doors will open at 8:30 a.m. and the ceremony will start promptly at 10:00 a.m. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. No tickets are required.
- Balloons or glass vases are not permitted in the arena. Please plan accordingly. Air horns and other noise makers are not allowed.
- Strollers are not permitted in the arena. Guests who choose to bring a stroller to the ceremony will need to store it in their vehicle or park it outside the arena at their own risk. Fresno Pacific is not responsible for the loss of any personal property.
- The Fresno Pacific Bookshop will have flowers and FPU merchandise available for sale prior to the ceremony.
- For your family and friends unable to attend, the ceremony will be streamed live and available for viewing by visiting fpu.edu/live
一道本不卡免费高清IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the dignity of the commencement ceremony, distractions will not be tolerated. Adults or children who display disruptive behavior will be asked to leave the main arena and escorted out if necessary. If parents choose to bring infants or young children, it is advised that they sit on the aisles with easy access to an exit. Seating and a live feed of the event will be set up on the concourse on the east side of the arena for guests who need to leave the main seating area.
Special Needs Seating and Translation Services
- Guests in need of a sign language interpreter should contact the Student Life Office at 559-453-2073 to make arrangements as soon as possible and no later than Friday, April 24.
- Guests in need of Spanish translation services should contact the Student Life Office at 559-453-2073 by Friday, April 24 to request services. Reservations are encouraged to ensure enough headsets will be available.
By Campus Candids, pics4u.com
- Professional photographers will photograph each candidate receiving his/her diploma from the president and at the bottom of the stairs following each student’s recognition on stage. Each candidate will receive a 1x1 inch proof photograph in an email about two weeks following the ceremony and will be able to order enlargements. For safety reasons, family and friends must take photographs/videos from their seats.
Available after degrees are posted
- Only diploma covers are given to students at commencement. Diplomas are mailed approximately 4 - 6 weeks after degrees have been posted to transcripts. They will be mailed to the address indicated on the application for degree.
- All FPU financial obligations must be cleared prior to FPU mailing out the diploma. Not paying a balance or clearing financial holds will delay receipt of your diploma.
Transcripts are the official proof of your degree
- Submit transcript requests to the Registrar’s Office. Visit fpu.edu/transcripts for more information.
- Unofficial transcripts are only available through Sunbird Central sc.52chenxiaoyan.com for 6 months after your degree has posted. Students are encouraged to save a copy of their unofficial transcripts before losing access to Sunbird Central.