Three Easy Steps to Craft Your Resume
- Look at the job description of the position for which you are applying. Highlight areas in the job description for which you have experience, skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Use the highlighted language to craft your resume using the template below, using the job description section to help you complete the profile section.
- Schedule an appointment to have your resume critiqued by Career Development Center staff.
Helpful Hint 1: Don't repeat job experience if you have held similar positions. Use different wording or split the experience between jobs. It’s okay to repeat key words if一道本不卡免费高清 they have been used multiple times in the job description, but don’t overdo it!
Helpful Hint 2: If you are changing careers, use a Relevant Work Experience section and Other Work Experience section. In the Other Work Experience section, focus only on transferable skills as they relate to the position for which you are applying. If necessary, you can also fill space by including course names of relevant 一道本不卡免费高清coursework.
Helpful Hint 3:一道本不卡免费高清 If you have very little or no work experience, you may use volunteer experience if it’s consistent. You can also utilize your experience from classroom research or projects. Any extracurricular activities such as leadership, sports, or student club positions can be included. You can also provide a summary of summer jobs, such as mowing lawns or babysitting, at the end of the experience section. If you still can't fill in the blanks and you don't have a full page, you now know the skills, abilities, knowledge and experience you need to develop to reach your goal.
- Resume Guide—describes how to create a resume and provides an example.
- —learn how to put soft and hard skills on your resume.
- Resume Template—a resume template in Microsoft Word to help you get started.
- Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)—defines applicant tracking systems and how to beat them in your job search.
- —for those without experience: describes how to create an entry-level resume.
- —provides a great proofreading resource for your resume and other documents.
- —provides a complete resume guide.
US Government Resumes
- —teaches how to create a US government resume, which is very different from a regular resume.
- —explains how to create a US Government resume.
- —lists the best skills to put on your resume
- Cover Letter Guide—describes how to create a cover letter and provides an example.
- Cover Letter Template—a resume template in Microsoft Word to help you get started.
- —provides cover letter advice, sample cover letters, videos and more.
- —provides sample cover letters and describes why you need one and what makes a good one.
- —provides information on how to create a high-quality cover letter.
Thank You Letters
- Thank You Letter Guide—describes how to create a thank you letter and provides an example.
- —describes how to write a great thank you letter.
- —provides thank you letter tips and examples for a variety of professional purposes.
- —guides you on how to demonstrate your strong interest in the position after an interview.